#ijsrd What is an electronic journal ?
What is an electronic journal?
An electronic journal is a periodical publication which is published in electronic format, usually on the Internet.
Electronic journals have several advantages over traditional printed journals:
- You can search the contents pages and/or the full text of journals to find articles on a certain subject.
- You can read journal articles on your desktop, you don’t have to be in the Library.
- You can e-mail articles to yourself or download them for printing.
- The article that you want to read will always be available, even when the Library is closed.
- Hypertext links allow you to move to different sections within individual journals or articles and can link you to related resources on the Internet.
- Journals can include more images and audio-visual material.
- Journals can be interactive – you can e-mail the author or editor with your comments.
Many electronic journals which are available are electronic versions of journals which exist in print. For example, if you wanted to see the journal called “Man” this journal is available physically on Level F in the Library, but is also available to SOAS users in electronic format.
Some journals are only available in electronic format and although some of these journals are of a high “academic” quality, please be aware that not all of them have gone through the same process of academic peer review as traditional print journals.
For More Details
Posted on September 9, 2014, in Uncategorized and tagged call for paper, call for research paper, e- Journal, IJSRD, Indian Journal, International Journal, Journal, Journal for Scientific Research & Development, journal of engineering, journal of Science, online Journal, peer reviewed journals, thesis publication. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.